This month we’re celebrating School Voice—the culmination of all stakeholders in a school working together as full partners in students’ education. School Voice encompasses Student Voice, Teacher Voice, Principal Voice, and Parent Voice. Our School Voice work was built by Russ Quaglia, who has researched the importance of student voice for over 30 years. Be sure to read our Q&A with Russ today to learn more about it!
Throughout the month of June, we’ll be focusing each week on a different aspect of School Voice. Every day this month we’ll feature blog posts written by School Voice experts and, of course, the voices of each stakeholder group!
Here’s the schedule:
- June 1-3: School Voice
- June 6-10: Student Voice
- June 13-17: Teacher Voice
- June 20-24: Principal Voice
- June 27-30: Parent Voice
Please be sure to come back each day for our daily post, or subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
If you’re looking for more resources on School Voice, here are some recommendations to get you started:
- Student Voice: The Instrument of Change – Russ Quaglia and Mickey Corso
- Empowered Schools, Empowered Students – Pernille Ripp
- World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students – Yong Zhao
- Teacher Voice: Amplifying Success – Russ Quaglia and Lisa Lande
- Every Teacher a Leader: Developing the Needed Dispositions, Knowledge, and Skills for Teacher Leadership – Barbara Levin and Lynne Schrum
- The Novice Advantage: Fearless Practice for Every Teacher – Jon Eckert
- Principal Voice: Listen, Learn, Lead – Russ Quaglia
- Renegade Leadership: Creating Innovative Schools for Digital-Age Students – Brad Gustafson
- Collaborative Leadership: 6 Influences That Matter Most – Peter DeWitt
- Aspire High: Imagining Tomorrow’s School Today – Russ Quaglia
- Engage Every Family: Five Simple Principles – Steve Constantino
- All Hands on Deck: Tools for Connecting Educators, Parents, and Communities – Brad Currie
- School, Family, and Community Partnerships: Your Handbook for Action – Joyce Epstein, et al.